The Committee for Tourism and Conventions reports that the number of gay visitors to Tijuana will spike during the week of the Pride festivities. Acceptance of gay visitors has become more widespread as the positive impact of those visitors is seen. Tourism in Tijuana has increased by 8 percent this year over last.
The Supreme Court of Mexico ruled that state law which considers the ultimate purpose of marriage to be “procreation, and or defines (marriage) as celebrated between a man and a woman, is unconstitutional.” This does not mean however that gay marriage will immediately state in all states. Any person who is denied the ability to marry based on these circumstances has the right to petition the local court.
June 6, 2015
June 13, 2015
– map –
June 20, 2015
June 20, 2015
- Puebla, Puebla (Ciudad de Puebla, Puebla): 15 Jun 2013 (Previous rides: 16 Jun 2012)
- Mexico City (Ciudad de México): 14 Jun 2014 (Previous rides: 8 Jun 2013, 9 Jun 2012, 11 Jun 2011, 12 Jun 2010, 13 Jun 2009, 7 Jun 2008, 9 Jun 2007, 10 Jun 2006)
- Guadalajara: 8 Jun 2013 (Previous rides: 9 Jun 2012, 11 Jun 2011)
- Morelia: 15 Jun 2013 (Previous rides: 16 Jun 2012, 11 Jun 2011, 12 Jun 2010 suspended by police)
- Colima (Ciudad de Colima, Colima): 15 Jun 2013 (Previous rides: 16 Jun 2012)
The bridge was built using private funds and cost an estimated $120-million USD. The developer, Otay Tijuana Venture, LLC, is calling the project “Cross Border Xpress.” A fee for using the bridge has not been released but previous estimates run as low as $13 USD up to $20 USD, per passenger.
More information to come!
See past event photos from BajaAdvisor