This is our mirror site, please visit for more information.

Archive for the ‘US citizen’ Category

Tijuana pedestrian crossing opens

The US and Mexico have been working for several years to modify and upgrade the crossing points in to Tijuana for several years.  The US has fully rebuilt the San Ysidro crossing going North to the US and continues to expand with additional auto lanes and streamlined pedestrian crossing.

Likewise in Mexico the El Chaparral crossing has created numerous additional auto lanes but not so much for pedestrians until now. The new Puerta Este for pedestrian crossers looks much more like you are arriving at an airport than any pedestrian facility seen before at a US border crossing.

For the most part the crossing is simple and crossers may be requested to push a button that will give a green light or red light. The green light means go on your way while the red light means you will be asked a few simple questions such as how long are you visiting Mexico, where you will visit and if you have anything to declare. The majority of people passing through the facility will have little scrutiny.

What is true, no matter if you are crossing by vehicle or on foot in to Mexico that there is much more scrutiny than ever before. The number of Customs Officials has increased dramatically. Click here to view a previous post regarding visa requirements to visit Tijuana.

Full story at San Diego Union Tribune.


Immigration law changes

During November 2012, the immigration policy of Mexico underwent significant changes.  The requirements for foreigners to gain legal residence or citizenship in Mexico were expanded and the fees were increased.  Among the changes the familiar visa names FM-T, FM-2, FM-3, were changed.

For more information see the article at

>Companionship services


It is true that man-for-man companionship services exist in Tijuana. It is also true that you can find companionship online through or, among others, and in the classified advertisements in El Mexicano newspaper. It is also true that meeting someone for companionship, online, in-person, or through an agency, can be tricky and even dangerous if you don’t keep your wits about you so there are some basic tips to follow:

– always ask for identificiation
– anyone over 18 must have legal ID
– be sure the person you will be with is of legal age
– meeting in a bar is not proof of age
– meet in a place you know whenever possible
– use safer sex practices and precautions
– use precaution with money and valuables
– always let the big head do the thinking, not the little head
– if your inner voice says you are in danger, LISTEN

Note: the age of consent in Baja was lowered to 16, however, if you are a US citizen you can still be prosectued by the US Federal authorities for sexual contact with a person younger than 18. The age of majority in Mexico is still 18, so if you offer alcohol or other intoxicants to a minor the Mexican authorites can prosecute on those grounds as well.

>Travel requirements for entering the US from Mexico

>The WHTI (Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative) will go into effect June 1, 2009 for land and sea travel into the U.S. WHTI requires U.S. citizens to present a passport or other document that proving their identity and citizenship when entering the U.S. WHTI went into effect for air travelers in 2007.

Information about the WHTI ‘Get You Home’ program appears below. Check for updates on their website: Get You Home.

On June 1, 2009, U.S. citizens returning home from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean or Bermuda, by land or sea, will be required to present one of the travel documents listed below.
U.S. Passport – This is an internationally recognized travel document that denotes a bearer’s identity and citizenship. It is accepted for travel by air, land and sea, per the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative.

U.S. Passport Card – This is a limited-use international travel document valid for entry into the U.S. by land or sea from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean or Bermuda, per the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative. It is not valid for international air travel.

Trusted Travel Card > SENTRI – The SENTRI Card is for pre-approved travelers who cross the U.S./Mexico border frequently. It has the added benefit of access to dedicated commuter lanes on the southern border.

Tag Cloud